The health of teens in our program and of those considering our program is of primary importance to Venture Academy.
As a licensed treatment provider, the core of Venture Academy’s focus is the health and safety of teens in our care. Our environments are uniquely prepared to keep youth safe, especially during this unprecedented public health crisis.
Why chose Venture Academy NOW for your child?
- We provide small, controlled, supportive environments – all consistent with the guidelines being recommended by health authorities
- Youth are not just “hanging out” or wandering around the neighborhood – they are supervised in a 24 / 7 environment
- Since youth do not smoke, vape and/or use drugs in our program, we are able to help support good respiratory health
- Being in our program eliminates smoking and passing of cigarettes and vaping and cannabis materials eliminating COVID-19 transmission in this manner
- We are able to closely supervise and monitor youth
- We provide a structured, therapeutically supportive atmosphere
- We keep youth engaged in academics having an advantage over schools that are shut down
- We provide positive activities for youth with constant monitoring of health and implementing transmission risk reduction strategies
- Our staff are attentive, concerned and well trained to help youth manage the emotional and behavioral challenges they are facing, as monitor for any signs/symptoms of the Coronavirus
- We are able to help youth maintain a nutritious diet and healthy sleep/wake cycle
In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, in addition to public health recommendations, Venture Academy has also made some adjustments to our programming. Here are a few examples.
- Our class sizes are small (and often are anyway) now varying from 4 to 10 people per room or therapy setting including staff, to allow for social distancing.
- Those in our facilities are more spread out and utilizing extra rooms to reduce people per room implemented to allow for additional social distancing.
- We are also no longer visiting community resources for extra-curricular or physical activities such as the library, rec center, gym or Cross-Fit but rather choosing to utilize our campuses and outdoor spaces to provide fresh air and exercise for youth in our program.
Please call Venture Academy at 855.281.5813 to inquire how we can support your child in this time of evolving social dynamics.
MEMO and MEASURES:
Venture Academy’s Approach to COVID-19
Venture Academy would like to assure our clients, staff, and other stakeholders, that the all our team members are taking precautions to minimize the exposure risk of COVID-19 in efforts to maintain the health, safety and well-being of those associated with our program and services.
This is an evolving situation and the safety of the youth in our program is our top priority. Venture Academy is monitoring the situation at our campuses and homes as well as adjusting our measures and protocols as the Government of Canada and provincial authorities identify.
COVID-19 Proactive Measures
Venture Academy strives to ensure good health and welfare of our teens in the program and staff associated with it. The following measures have been implemented to reduce risk and are an example of some of the measures that have been implemented.
- Increased screening measures prior to admission that include questions around recent fever, cough, travel outside of Canada and family members’ risks.
All campus visitors are to be screened with the visitor questionnaire.
- Instructed and provided information and training to staff and youth on the following:
- The symptoms of COVID-19.
- What to do if you are sick.
- How to stop the spread of germs.
- How to handwash effectively. (Posted at all handwash areas)
- Handwashing is demonstrated for clients and the clients are observed to ensure that correct handwashing techniques are used.
- How to isolate or social distance.
- How to care for a person with COVID-19.
- Staff and youth communicate with Venture Academy management regarding their health status including if they have a fever, cough or trouble breathing. Support youth and staff to access appropriate medical care by seeing a doctor or a walk-in-clinic or screening clinic for information regarding testing for COVID-19.
- Implemented a two-week isolation (ban) from all campuses for any youths, staff or youths’ families that travel outside of Canada with a re-evaluation after the two-week timeline.
- Increased access to hand hygiene and cough etiquette supplies by adding more supplies and having those supplies being even more readily accessible to clients and staff.
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of used spaces, surfaces and shared objects. Completed minimally two times daily.
- All group activities are restricted to a maximum of 10 individuals often being less than 10.
- All staff are recommended to self-isolate and or social distance other than to attend campus and acquire necessary provisions or to access health care.
- Purchased and dispensed disposable gloves to staff to use as needed.
The above bullet pointed list includes some but not all protocols implemented by Venture Academy and recommended by health authorities.
Please contact us to learn more.