Venture Academy is the name for what has emerged to be an umbrella structure that provides a variety of helpful and very effective support services for troubled teens in Canada. As the organization evolved, this has included from time to time, but is not limited to assessment, treatment, private school, homestay and other supportive treatment programs for adolescents. Teens and families served often include troubled teens in Canada who may benefit from extra support in the classroom, need a psycho-educational assessment and who may benefit from clinically comprehensive residential treatment services.
Venture Academy consists of several small companies that mostly work hand-in-hand each performing specific functions in various jurisdictions across Canada. These companies have encompassed private schools, accredited treatment programs and licensed residential care facilities where applicable.
The various staff work cooperatively together as a team to navigate the complex regulatory environment combining the best of the clinical and educational worlds to provide unparalleled specialized and therapeutic services for adolescents in Canada.
Since 2001, Venture Academy as an organization has served hundreds of troubled teens from across Canada in its residential assessment and treatment programs and private schools.
The organization as a whole from time to time has delivered a continuum of services, including;
- Community based outreach and clinical counselling services
- Mobile, on-call crisis response and intervention services
- Supported homestay services and housing for international students
- Outdoor wilderness programming for troubled teens
- Accredited day treatment programs
- Residential behaviour treatment including educational support
- Drug and alcohol treatment at the residential level that includes educational support
- Gaming addictions treatment for teens
- Residential 30 Day Assessment and Intervention programs for troubled teens
- Medical care coordination and detox
- Stand-alone behavioural assessment, results and recommendation services
- Independent drug and alcohol assessment and report writing services
- Troubled teen treatment program identification and selection assistance processes
- International residential treatment, wilderness program and behavioural health hospital referrals
- Licensed and accredited treatment foster care
- Community-based step down mentorship homes
- Semi-independent support homes for young adults transitioning into college or the workforce
- Clinical residential care programming, assessment and treatment services within licensed care facilities
- Private schools for teens with learning and behavioural issues
- Business infrastructure, consultation and clinical training to like-minded therapists, psychologists, and other health and education related professionals in numerous provinces