A supportive and therapeutic educational environment for teens.
July and August with admissions also available in June.
LOCATIONS: Red Deer, Alberta and Barrie, Ontario.
Many parents are faced with the dilemma of providing support and supervision for their teen throughout the summer months. Our therapeutic, educational, and clinical counselling services provide a solution for too much idle time, not enough structure, and resistance to engaging in healthy summertime and family activities.
Venture Academy’s Summer Semester is the answer.
What We Provide
Venture Academy provides summer programming that combines assessment, education, life skills, and healthy outdoor activities all in a supportive therapeutic environment delivered by skilled counsellors and teachers and experienced frontline staff. Personal growth, excitement and memories to last a lifetime.
- Better communication skills with parents
- Improve focus and attention
- Earn school credit
- Experience the outdoors
- Raise self-esteem
- Boost confidence
- and… stay out of trouble!
Our Summer Semester is an incredible opportunity for your child to benefit from the support of Venture Academy’s expert experience as Canada’s leading private youth treatment program.
Our goal is positive behavioural change and that starts with positive experiences away from negative peer influences and harmful self-limiting behaviours.
Our Summer Semester Includes:
- Clincally comprehensive psychological-educational assessment critical to understanding your child’s learning abilities, attention skills, behaviours and thought patterns
- In the classroom four or five days a week – opportunity to complete unfinished courses or earn extra credits to make up for lost time from the previous school year
Counselling and Support
- One-on-one counselling and individualized support as needed – daily goal planning, success plans, emotional and behavioural stabilty
Real Life Skill Building:
Social learning opportunities critical for positive interactions at home at school or in the community, supervised by our teachers and counsellors. We provide individual and small group sessions focussing on:
- Communication – getting along better with parents and others, being more respectful
- Problem solving – figuring things out before getting frustrated or angry
- Self-esteem – feeling better about self and circumstances
Healthy Outdoor Activities
Venture Academy provides a variety of physical activities and outdoor recreational adventures for youth ages 13 to 18. Our Summer Semester provides exhilarating adventure experiences designed to capture the spirit, stimulate abilities and peak the interests of teenagers. Please call us to find out what we are doing in each province.
Admission from June onwards
Each youth admitted individually. Book your admission time slot now. Rolling admission throughout the summer accepted.
Call toll free: 866.762.2211 for admission and pricing.