When your child is struggling, there is nothing you want to do more than help them in the best way that you can. It can be challenging to assess whether your child is going through a phase, acting out of teenage angst, or if they’re struggling with substances. Any substance use is an issue when your child is underage. If your child is older, it’s essential to keep an eye out for any signs of a problem as well. If your teen or young adult could be struggling with alcohol or drugs, reach out to Venture Academy.
At Venture Academy, we proudly provide a range of programs, including our residential treatment program and inpatient drug rehab, that gives teens the chance to safely and comfortably begin their road to recovery. If you’d like more information about our comprehensive programs and services for teens, contact Venture Academy today by filling out our online contact form or calling 866.762.2211.
What Is an Inpatient Drug Rehab?
It is critical never to give up fighting for your child’s health, even when it seems like you’re not making progress. Although raising children is greatly rewarding, it can also be challenging. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders, difficult breakups, the aftermath of parental divorce, bullying, defiant behaviour, and substance abuse are just a handful of the issues you may confront as the parent of a teenager.
Healthy adolescent development hinges on addressing issues early on. With adequate and early intervention, your teen will go on to flourish and go on to be a well-adjusted adult. It can be tough to get a young person on board or even to agree there is a serious problem to be addressed with a case like substance abuse. Despite their protests or insistence that they don’t have a problem, as adults, they will remember and appreciate your taking care of them when they need it the most.
An adequate teen inpatient rehab will usually provide critical elements as part of a comprehensive approach to teen drug abuse, including:
- Individualised treatment – Each young person is unique and will respond differently to therapy and medication, so the treatment must be tailored specifically to your child.
- Family treatment – It’s essential to involve the entire family in therapy for the quality of the family dynamic to improve.
- Life skills development – Quality inpatient rehab for teens will continue to build upon life skills so the young person can live with more certainty and confidence as they navigate life’s challenges.
- Healthy connections – Establishing genuine connections in a safe environment can positively reinforce a teen’s commitment to recovery.
Does Your Teen Need a Residential Treatment Program?
When it comes to your teen, a hands-off approach is not the answer to an issue as serious as drug use. You may be worried that your child’s drinking or drug use requires a drastic intervention.
Honestly ask yourself, has your child:
- Undergone any major, noticeable personality shift?
- Lost contact with friends and family, preferring to isolate?
- Tried more than once wanted to cut down or stop drinking or using drugs but couldn’t?
- Experienced strong urges to drink and use drugs they feel they can’t control
- Lost interest in activities they once enjoyed?
If you can answer several of these questions affirmatively, inpatient rehab may be a necessary part of the process for your child to find healing from addiction.
Help Your Teen with Inpatient Drug Rehab at Venture Academy
Meaningful change is essential for recovery. These are the years teens will decide on the values that will sustain them, solidify their good habits, and cultivate their meaning. Focusing on positive inward change can provide the foundation for lasting recovery. Family members should be dedicated to the endeavour as well.
Venture Academy can be a great choice of inpatient treatment for your teen if they’re still struggling with their substance abuse, despite efforts in the past to curb it. Please contact us today online or call 866.762.2211 for information about enrolling in our teen inpatient addiction program.