Venture Academy’s mission is to assist youth to achieve and sustain positive behavioural change.
With our Purpose Statement in mind, we have identified and created program objectives that enable our staff to channel energy where it has been proven most effective.
- To assess, identify and evaluate the service needs of youth and support their engagement in our therapeutic residential treatment program.
- To provide intensive, therapeutic residential care for youth who are in need of rehabilitative services and individualized treatment.
- To provide individual and/or small group intervention to assist youth to improve their
functioning at home, at school or in the community.
- To assist youth in acquiring developmentally appropriate skills (problem-solving/decision-making, assertiveness, anger management, conflict resolution, etc.).
- To assist youth to develop healthy lifestyles which do not include reliance on alcohol or drugs.
- To support youth and their families to reduce conflict and promote functional roles and healthy relationships.
- To support youth in engaging in our customized educational programming.
- To support youth in engaging in healthy, appropriate recreational activities.
- To engage in ongoing research and program development.
- To implement and utilize an Outcome Evaluation System to demonstrate the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of the services provided by Venture Academy’s Troubled Teens Treatment Programs.