Venture Academy’s mission is to assist youth to achieve and sustain positive behavioural change.
Principles and Philosophy of Service Delivery
Venture Academy specializes in the delivery of services to challenging youth and young adults. Working with young people with significant behavioural challenges is a very complicated process, requiring a principled approach to service delivery. Venture Academy utilizes the following principles in the development and delivery of its programs’ services:
- Provide the least intrusive intervention necessary to facilitate growth and change.
- The delivery of services must respect client rights and demonstrate professional ethics.
- Youth engage in the change process, through the development of therapeutic ‘helping’ relationships with appropriate boundaries.
- Socially inappropriate behaviour in youth represents a dysfunctional but positive ‘intent’ to meet understandable needs in the context of their personal development and history.
- Change may occur when new skills and strategies are developed and employed to satisfy the ‘intent’ of dysfunctional behaviour and meet personal/developmental needs.
- Facilitating a change in the youth’s environment to address identified needs will promote motivation in the youth for change.
- Services must represent accepted practices of intervention, while striving for innovation and creativity in their implementation.
- Services must be accessible to those in need, and programs must be flexible in service delivery to minimize any barriers to participation and success for those in need.