Venture Academy’s mission is to assist youth to achieve and sustain positive behavioural change.
With our Purpose Statement in mind, we have identified and created a focus that enables our staff to channel energy where it has been proven most effective.
- To assess, identify and evaluate the service needs of referred young adults and support their engagement in our therapeutic residential support program.
- To support young adults in developing tasks required to live independently.
- To assist young adults to maintain safe, affordable, and appropriate housing; and to monitor compliance with the residency expectations.
- To provide individual and/or small group services which will assist young adults to develop skills and awareness in relation to daily living, interpersonal relationships, health, education, employment, and substance abuse.
- To support young adults to engage in an appropriate educational or training program; and/or to develop skills to secure and maintain employment.
- To support young adults in coordinating and integrating community services to meet his/her needs.
- To support young adults in establishing and maintaining supportive family and community relationships.
- To implement and utilize a Performance Outcome Evaluation System to demonstrate the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of the services provided by Venture Academy’s Independent Living Program.