Principles and Philosophy of Service Delivery
Venture Academy specializes in the delivery of services to struggling youth and struggling young adults. Working with young people with significant behavioural challenges is a very complicated process, requiring a principled approach to service delivery. Venture Academy utilizes the following principles in the development and delivery of its Programs’ services:
- The delivery of services must respect client rights and demonstrate professional ethics.
- Youth engage in the change process, through the development of therapeutic ‘helping’ relationships with appropriate boundaries.
- Socially inappropriate behaviour in youth represents a dysfunctional but positive ‘intent’ to meet understandable needs in the context of their personal development and history.
- Change may occur when new skills and strategies are developed and employed to satisfy the ‘intent’ of dysfunctional behaviour and meet personal/developmental needs.
- Services must represent accepted practices of intervention, while striving for innovation and creativity in their implementation.
- Services must be accessable to those in need, and programs must be flexible in service delivery to minimize any barriers to participation and success for those in need.