Making the decision to be sober can be one of the most fulfilling promises individuals can make to themselves and their family when struggling with alcohol addiction. Finding sober activities is a way to support that sobriety. Finding sober activities that dissuade teen drinking can be a challenge anytime, but during the holidays, there may be even more pressure to take part in activities that can influence decision-making. You can support a sober holiday for your loved one by seeking necessary drug and alcohol treatment at an outstanding facility such as Venture Academy.
Alcohol Addiction Treatment for Teen Drinking
Alcohol is one of the most commonly abused drugs. The availability of alcohol, especially on holidays, means that teens may find themselves pressured to drink by their peers, the media, or even their families. Underage drinking is a huge problem, but it can be improved by offering teens the tools they need to abstain from alcohol and the alcohol addiction treatment they need should they become addicted.
Venture Academy’s drug and alcohol treatment program addresses underage drinking by providing counselling and educational support services to teens who are experiencing difficulties managing their lives. Our individualized program offers a therapeutic approach that includes experienced residencies within the community and minimized exposure to other teens experiencing similar sobriety issues. This means that the focus is your teen’s path to wellness.
Find Activities that Support Sobriety
Finding activities that support sobriety is paramount for maintaining alcohol addiction treatment. Holidays tend to lend themselves to compulsive behaviours that may derail the work an individual has put into changing their life. Here are some examples of sober activities:
- Meal prep or baking can help an individual set their mind on the steps of a task, and a bonus is that it is enjoyable to do with the family.
- Watch sports or a movie at home.
- Fitness classes or yoga can be great ways to blow off steam in an aggressively devoted healing environment.
- Walk through a city center to take in some art and culture.
- Hike through a local nature spot and get fresh air and a sense of calm.
- Have a board game night, a tea party, a painting party, or a craft night.
- Journalling, playing an instrument or an interactive video game, or even just staying up and watching YouTube videos can all be fun activities when sober.
All of these activities have a few root properties that make them ideal for sobriety, and that is because they support basic tenets of drug and alcohol treatment and relapse maintenance. Some of these core ideas include:
- Identify personal triggers and know when and how to avoid them.
- Avoid old routines that support drinking habits, such as spending time with friends who drink or going places where drinking is taking place.
- Practise healthy living like mindfulness exercises or yoga.
- Build healthy relationships with people who will support teen sobriety. It can be hard to switch from a night out with drinking buddies to a night in with mom, but when an individual is supported, they can be their best and most successful self.
- If you support your teen in their sober activities and give them the space to play an instrument or do a game night in the dining room, this could help keep them away from activities that could cause them to relapse.
Remember, if you are concerned that your teen may struggle with an outside activity, Venture Academy can provide the right supportive environment to help keep your teen on the path during the holidays.
Contact Venture Academy Today for Teen Alcohol Addiction Treatment
If your teen is struggling with sober living, help them get the drug and alcohol treatment they need with Venture Academy’s 30-day assessment and intervention program and behaviour treatment. These programs offer your teen the support and learning tools that will help them to grow with positive results. If you are still feeling unsure, consider taking our interactive child behaviour test 855.281.5813. It only takes about five minutes of your time and may assist you in taking the appropriate steps toward healthful, sober holidays.