When your teen acts out, it can disrupt the entire ecosystem of your home. But it can often be difficult to determine why our teens are behaving badly. If your teen is disrespectful, abusing substances of any kind, or being secretive and avoidant, these may all be signs that it is time to seek help to identify their needs and reassess their behaviour.
Venture Academy can create a customized program for your teen so that they emerge from treatment with a fresh and healthy perspective on life.
Teen Stressors and Changes in Behaviour
The teen years are tough to navigate for so many reasons, but some changes may contribute to personality problems or lacking coping mechanisms that shadow them through their lives. Some of the root causes that may be changing your teen’s behaviour include:
- Teens may feel out of control due simply to stress, peer pressure, or hormones. The teen years have so many new types of relationships, physical changes, and obligations to navigate.
- Teens tend to move toward autonomy as they detach from the family structure. This is important for building new and lasting relationships. This is a positive change, but a change nonetheless.
- Teens are experiencing new methods of expression in friends’ households and relationships outside of the home. This may cause them to re-evaluate the values they have been taught.
- Major hormonal changes occur during the teen years that can sometimes reveal severe issues such as mental illness or learning disabilities such as ADHD, depression, or dyslexia.
- Teens today have the added pressure of social media, which can undermine their sense of self and even become an addiction.
The experienced professionals and individualised treatment at Venture Academy can help you to root through the possible causes of your teen’s distress so that you can get them back on track.
How Can a Customised Treatment Plan Help My Teen?
As you’ve seen, one treatment plan cannot possibly address all the issues that teens struggle with. This is why Venture Academy’s customized plans are so effective. Our individualised treatment plans offer your teen the necessary time and space to process and determine the root of their behaviour changes while supporting their positive growth. Whatever behavioural issues your teen is experiencing, they have the opportunity to leave our program with a personalised toolkit for coping with change that will empower them to make better choices in their day-to-day life.
What Are Individualised Treatment Options?
With Venture Academy, your teen’s treatment will typically begin with our 30-Day Assessment and Intervention Program by calling [Direct.] This multi-faceted program helps us discern if long-term treatment may be needed for your child’s specific needs. Our experienced clinical team utilises a comprehensive psychological assessment process to get answers about your child’s behaviour. Once our assessment program helps us get to know your child, we match them to the right treatment program 855.281.5813 for them, which may include a combination of the following:
- Personal counselling sessions
- Drug or alcohol programs
- Positive recreational activities
- Addiction treatment
- Opportunities for community engagement
Because your teen’s plan is curated to their needs, our counsellors can connect with them to best track their recovery and education processes.
Therapeutic Home Environments
During your teen’s residency at Venture Academy, they will reside in a safe, structured, and therapeutic home care environment. These individual placements help to support minimized exposure to other youth experiencing similar or more complex issues. Isolated or artificial living experiences can make it more likely for anyone in recovery to relapse. But these residences are in real communities, so your teen has the ability to practice their new skills in a completely authentic environment.
Individual treatment means that you get to find balance in your home while your teen receives the most meaningful care experience possible.
Get the Personalised Treatment Your Teen Deserves with Venture Academy
If your teen’s behaviour has been affecting your home life, the reasons why may be unclear. However, Venture Academy’s customized 30-day assessment, intervention, and behaviour treatment programs will offer your teen the individualised support and learning tools that can help them to grow with positive results. If you are still feeling unsure, consider taking our interactive child behaviour test by calling 855.281.5813. It only takes about five minutes of your time and may assist you in taking the appropriate steps toward helping your teen.