Therapy and counselling programs are predominant when it comes to treatment for behaviour or substance abuse issues. Choosing recovery over prior matters may seem daunting for troubled youth; however, relating to others in a similar age group that share similar thoughts and feelings can make the process easier.
A group therapy program can support teens in recovery by providing a safe and comfortable environment to connect. The benefits of group therapy are making healthy connections that promote wellness, providing support, and helping others in recovery. When a counselling program like group therapy is led by a skilled professional like those at Venture Academy, self-esteem can be restored. If you or a loved one would like to reap the benefits of a group therapy program, call our Venture Academy team today at 866.762.2211 or complete our online form to learn more.
Benefits of Group Therapy
Counselling programs require support and accountability. In a group therapy dynamic involving teens, those two key elements mean more. While parents and counselors positively contribute to these aspects, it’s often the connections of their peers that are most effective. Group therapy allows counsellors to witness teenagers deal with social anxieties and tendencies that wouldn’t emerge in individual therapy. When a skilled counsellor can catch unique moments in the group dynamic that require help, tools can be provided to help overcome any bad habits.
Other benefits of group therapy include:
- Communication-In group therapy, teenagers are given the rare opportunity to discuss thoughts and feelings with others of a similar age.
- Confidence-As youth build confidence in group therapy; they become more comfortable in social situations, which can help in classrooms and with adults.
- Relationships-Isolated teens in poor relationships are more likely to suffer from anxiety or depression. Group sessions can offer teens a chance at quality relationships.
- Stress-Working within a group can relieve a young person’s stress by allowing them to express feelings with those who understand them.
Less risk of judgment can lead to self-confidence, trust, and breakthrough discovery for teenagers.
Counselling Programs at Venture Academy
Our goal is to set youth back on the right track. At Venture Academy, we passionately work hard to provide teens with a comfortable and safe environment. Our treatment centers across Canada help teens and their families start healing. From teenage depression treatment to substance abuse issues, we can help teens find their path to wellness. Venture Academy offers immediate help to troubled teens who require it. Our 30 Day Assessment and Intervention Program has helped countless adolescents stabilize their emotions and implement proven treatment methods for their recovery.
The program follows steps such as:
- Assessing a treatment and education plan that is specific to a client’s needs
- Removing problematic behaviours through intervention
- Allowing a period of time to stabilize emotions and providing an opportunity to begin developing healthier behaviours
- Planning and support help teens maintain their current education
- Engaging in healthy activities helps young people build self-confidence
- Offering a safe and supportive residential home environment for clients to live in as they work through each aspect of our treatment modalities
Parents searching for residential treatment or therapeutic services are encouraged to reach out for additional information from our knowledgable Venture Academy team today.
Learn More About the Benefits of Group Therapy at Venture Academy
Don’t let issues from daily life prevent your teen from living a happy life and healthy future. Our programs ensure that troubled teens make and sustain positive changes. Our approach to treatment is solution-oriented and uses an array of strategies to bring about positive transformations for youth in our program. If you have any further questions or concerns about Venture Academy, please call us at 866.762.2211.